Do you have an interest in Palliative Care? Would you like to work in a tranquil rural retreat, offering a choice in care for people of all ages, living with a long-term or life-limiting illness?
We are seeking the services of casual Div 1 Nurses and qualified Personal Care Attendants for Anam Cara House Colac.
If you are interested in joining our dedicated care team, please contact our Nurse Manager, Karen Eccles on 03 5233 8203 or contact us here.
Registered Nurses – Permanent Part Time & Casual
Are you looking for a job where you can provide holistic nursing care in a home-like environment?
Based at Anam Cara House Colac in Barongarook West, the Registered Nurse position is challenging, rewarding and flexible. Our Registered Nurses are integral to the smooth running of the Hospice alongside our Hospice Manager, Nurse Manager and Committee of Management. We strive to provide the best in respite and end-of-life care and ensure Anam Cara House Colac is committed to quality improvement and best practice.
Anam Cara House Colac Staff, Volunteers and Committee Members are required to observe our Code of Conduct including Confidentiality, to commit to the Anam Cara House Colac mission and contribute to the Anam Cara House Colac vision and model of care.
Qualifications / skills / experiences & competencies:
- Post Graduate qualifications in Palliative Care
- Recent palliative care experience
- Registered Nurse, Division 1
- Excellent communication skills
- Current registration with the AHPRA
- Current Victorian Drivers License
- Current National Police Check
These are permanent part time & casual positions, with the work days set by mutual agreement. Wage determined by the Nurses Award 2010.
Salary packaging is available.
- An understanding of the Community Hospice Model of Care
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Independent nursing judgment and ability to demonstrate clinical competence
- Ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (oral & written)
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with key personnel and stakeholders
- Ability and capacity to accept organisational policy and directives
- The capacity to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Evidence of sound organisational skills, including a strong attention to detail, time-management skills, flexibility and a sense of humour
For further information contact Hospice Manager Karen Eccles 03 52338203.
Applications addressing the above selection criteria, including two referees, may be addressed to Mrs Karen Eccles, Hospice Manager, Anam Cara House Colac, PO Box 508 Colac 3250 or email@example.com.